Improving chemical spray deposition efficiency one DROPSIGHT® (Patent #2022/02473) evaluation at a time!
DROPSIGHT® – measure spray deposition quantitatively and make immediate adjustments
An easy-to-use, scientifically developed tool for measuring spray deposition efficiency of the formulation on natural plant surfaces has just been launched – and anybody can use it!
Billions are spent annually on agricultural insecticides, fungicides, herbicides, and growth regulators, applied by spray machinery to protect trillions in crop value from pests and diseases. Five Million Tons of active ingredient is applied in the process, yet nobody knows whether the formulation reaches and settles on the intended target area.
DropSight® was developed to do just that, putting the quantitative measuring power of spray deposition in the hand of the end user.
DROPSIGHT® value proposition
- Reduce the risk of poor biological control outcomes due to poor sprayer set up and spray deposition.
- Reduce the risk of unacceptable residue levels due to accumulation and run off resulting from too high volume and/or too large droplet spectrum used.
- Reduce the chemical losses due to run off resulting from excessive spray volumes.
- Reduce the risk of soil and ground water contamination due to excessive spray volumes.
- Evaluate and quantify the risk of drift on neighbouring crops.
- Optimize the use of chemical formulations preventing over- and under application, minimizing crop loss and potential resistance development.
- Optimize the selection and use of adjuvants and additives to improve deposition efficiency.
- Optimize the design of sprayer performance.
Through the specially designed photographic laboratory (LeafLab), UV fluid (UView) and the DropSight® app for a smartphone, one can stop guessing and make informed decisions based on quantitative measurements of spray deposition.
LeafLab is a portable, on-site laboratory, purpose developed for plant leaf UV photography with DropSight® to quantify the deposition efficiency onto a crop within minutes of application. UV led lightning with wavelength, intensity and uniformity to optimise fluorescence for smartphone photography when using UView tracer, completes the technical specification. The UView fluorescent fluid is recognised by DropSight software and the deposition efficiency is measured and calculated.
Once the sample batch photos have all been processed, the report can be generated instantaneously, presented in .pdf format.
No more guessing – deposition efficiency measured, quantified, and reported.