VITICULTURE PRODUCTION WITH iMETOS DECISION SUPPORT SYSTEM
With the use of iMETOS DECISION SUPPORT SYSTEM you can monitor all relevant climatic conditions and soil parameters, and bring your agricultural work management one step higher.
Combine monitored and forecasted data to get a powerful tool, which will help you optimize your production and produce more grapes with less.
With the help of climatic and soil monitoring and forecasting you can:
- WEATHER MONITORING: Be prepared for frost protection. Set an SMS alarm to notify you, when frost conditions are approaching. Temperatures below – 2 °C can be lethal for your vineyard.
- FERTILIZING MANAGEMENT: Optimize fertilization time. The best is if the spreading of the fertilizer is followed by rainfall.
- NUTRITION MANAGEMENT: Quick soil analysis helps you apply the appropriate amount of nutrients.
- PLANT PROTECTION MANAGEMENT: With the help of disease models, spraying window forecast, rain washout prediction and leaf growth prediction you can optimize your plant protection activities in a way to have disease free grapes.
For example: If spraying is followed by a rainfall of 30 mm, there is a good chance that it will wash away the treatment and you will have to repeat the spraying to keep your grapes protected.
- IRRIGATION MANAGEMENT: Optimize irrigation water use by monitoring soil moisture and with use of our water balance model.
- HARVEST MANAGEMENT: Monitor air temperature and relative humidity in the nights before grape harvest.
Grape vine downy mildew is caused by the oomycetes fungus Plasmopara viticola, which is the most disastrous vine disease. We provide disease models for many other vine grape diseases and also for insects causing damage in vine grape.
The graph shows how a long period of precipitation and leaf wetness with temperatures between 10 and 15 ° C will be followed by the downy mildew infection.
Click on the graph for a larger picture.
For more detailed description (biology, symptoms, modelling) about vine grape diseases, please visit our Tiki page.
With our new CropVIEW camera device you can have a remote view of your vineyard, directly from your computer or phone, and see at any time how your vine grape is growing and developing.
This is just a glance at solutions that iMETOS DECISION SUPPORT SYSTEM can bring to you and help you to take control of your vineyard.