Application optimization system
For automatic spray drift monitoring.
Application optimization system
BEST USED FOR:
• Planning of plant protection activities
• Work and workforce tracking
• Crop protection
METOS® AOS Isobus — Application optimization system for automatic spray drift monitoring
ABOUT METOS® AOS Isobus
The METOS® AOS device is intended to support the farmer or contractor in his plant protection work in real time.
The METOS® AOS ISOBUS (Application Optimisation System) is a lightweight unit that can be either mounted on the tractor or sprayer and connects with ISOBUS terminal and mobile phone inside the cabin.
Once activated, METOS® AOS ISOBUS monitors the spraying weather conditions and logs real-time weather data like temperature, relative humidity, wind speed and direction on the ISOBUS terminal.
- Delivers precise near real time data of the wind conditions and potential drift risk.
- The data is delivered directly into the cab of the operator on the display terminal.
- Helps you make product application decisions based on location specific data.
- Helps the operator to adapt driving speed, water amount and nozzle type to the actual vapour pressure deficit(VPD), DeltaT and the wind speed and direction.
- It can connect to the mobile phone of the operator.
- It displays warnings and alerts if thresholds are over or under a certain threshold.
- Retrofit possibility to any vehicle and sprayer — needs only battery/energy from the vehicle.
- Small but rugged design makes its total setup time only a few minutes and measures the Air Temperature, Relative Humidity, DeltaT, VPD and Wind Speed/Direction precisely.
- Once activated by the user, the METOS® AOS continuously logs your weather parameters on the ISOBus Terminal in the tractor.
- The mounting brackets are made of stainless steel, and the plastic parts are made for adverse conditions with a UV-stabilized compact housing that is fully waterproof and fully resistant to chemicals.
- By eliminating all moving parts, the system has very little wear and tear and will be in used for many years of operation with minimal maintenance costs.
- The API interface is used to send data close to real time into other partner platforms (John Deere Operation Center, Trimble, Topcon, Nevonex…).
- All data is safely stored in FieldClimate and can be combined with data from permanent weather station.
CONNECTION & COMMUNICATION
|Temperature||-20°C — +60°C / Precision: +- 0.5°C|
|Relative Humidity||15% — 98% / Precision: +- 3%|
|Wind Speed||0.4m/s — 40 m/s / Precision: +- 0.2m/s|
|Wind direction||0° — 360° / Precision: +- 5°|
|Measurement and communication interval||1 sec|
|Communication||IsoBus, CAN-Bus, BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy)|
WHY IS THIS IMPORTANT?
Legal implications and new legislation have put more on the back of the farmer or spray applicator, having them comply with the application recommendations from the Plant Protection Companies.
The risks associated with chemical/pesticide drift are greater than ever as we farm closer to towns, making the need to be more vigilant
around spray applications.
This can be done with METOS® AOS ISOBUS. Read more.