MEASURE YOUR FERTILIZER REQUIREMENTS, SAVE MONEY AND PROTECT THE ENVIRONMENT.
SOIL AND PLANT SAP ANALYTICS FOR EVERY FIELD
Whether it is row crops, vegetables or fruits, every farmer knows that fertilizer is essential for a wealthy harvest, but determining when and how much to fertilize is sometimes a struggle. Fertilizers, as well as their distribution in the field, cost money. Furthermore overfertilization seriously damages the environment. The new laws for fertilizer use also limit the maximum use per season. By using the iMETOS MobiLab you minimize overfertilization and still meet the actual needs of the crop. A conventional laboratory measurement gives the highest precision results, however it takes time before results are delivered and the method is expensive. iMETOS MobiLab is the simple answer that integrates soil nutrient analysis into a single microfluidic chip.
Added value for you:
- Laboratory precision analysis for Total Nitrogen in soil [Nitrate NO3 & Ammonia NH4] from soil
- Many other macro and mesonutrients from plant sap, waste water, irrigation water and so on
- Fast and reliable nutrient measurements, saving time (results in only up to 2 hours) and money (low cost per sample)
- High precision of analysis, as it is done immediately after soil sampling
- Price and workflow allow to analyze every sample point of your field and get high resolution nutrient map of your field
- Every single analysis is saved in our software, full nutrition history is available for long-term analysis
- Different samples can be measured on one ground-breaking chip
- Data can be exported and used in 3rd party software to make nutrient prescription maps
- Every sample is GEO-referenced
- Knowing nutrient levels all the time
- Avoid under fertilization and make sure you reach your crops’ full potential
- Avoid over fertilization (money loss, leaching of nutrients)
ABOUT iMETOS MobiLab
Crop macro-nutrient needs are easily satisfied with pre-drilling or post-emergence fertilization. A real adequate fertilization can not be based on empirical evaluation; plant needs are satisfied by the factual presence of chemical elements in soil.
If you want to minimize over-fertilization and still meet the actual needs of the crop you need exact data. And measuring the nutrient level in the soil with iMETOS MobiLab is the answer.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The filtered sample is injected into a microfluidic capillary where a strong electric field is applied. All important nutrients are in fact electrically charged molecules, and therefore react to the electrical field. They are separated in the chip according to their chemical nature and finally measured by a detector at the end of the capillary.
The data is easily converted into machine-readable formats, allowing the automatic site-specific variable rate application with precision farm machinery (e.g. fertilizer spreaders, sprayer etc.).
Sample analysis are time and geographically referential and logged to your FieldClimate.
HOW TO USE iMETOS MobiLab?
- Take soil sample.
- Mix sample, remove stones and plant debris, and then sieve it.
- Weigh 10 g of the sieved sample into a falcon tube.
- Add 20 g (= 20 ml) of the extraction buffer.
- Close the falcon tube and put it on the shaker for 30 minutes.
- Insert chip into the iMETOS MobiLab.
- Close the chip clamp by pushing the lever down.
- Connect the iMETOS MobiLab to electricity and USB for data processing.
- Now remove the falcon tube from the shaker and leave it to sediment for 20 min.
- Transfer supernatant and internal standard into an Eppendorf and from there into the iMETOS MobiLab analysis slot.
iMETOS MobiLab VARIATIONS
|Power supply||12 V adaptor for wall outlet or plug for car outlet|
|Battery||2 h working time|
SINGLE NUTRIENT MEASUREMENT
|Minimum sample volume||More than 300 μl|
|Measurment range||6 — 9900 ppm; 1,4 to 2200 mg/l|
|Resolution||1 ppm for less than 100 ppm, 10 ppm for less than 1000 ppm and 100 ppm for less than 10 000 ppm|
|Battery life||400 h|
MULTI NUTRIENT MEASUREMENT
|Sample volume||50-100 μl|
|Measurment range||3-1000 ppm; 0.01-0.5 g/kg|
|Accuracy||For measurements of liquid concentrations (ppm): ±3 %|
For measurements of soil concentrations (mg/kg): ±15 %
|Chip lifetime||Approximately 300-500 tests|
|Battery life||2 hours of measuring time|
iMETOS MobiLab MANUALS
iMETOS MobiLab NOW AVAILABLE IN METOS WEBSHOP
- Laboratory precision analysis for NO3
- Results availability in minutes
- GPS-geo referencing of samples
- Multiple sample analysis on a single chip
- Results are stored on web platform for future use
- Possible integration with precision farming systems
GOT A QUESTION? ASK THE EXPERT!*
iMETOS MobiLab team lead