AVOCADO PRODUCTION WITH iMETOS® DECISION SUPPORT SYSTEM
With the use of iMETOS® DECISION SUPPORT SYSTEM you can monitor all relevant climatic conditions and soil parameters, and bring your agricultural work management one step higher.
Combine monitored and forecasted data to get a powerful tool, which will help you optimize your production and produce more avocado with less.
With the help of climatic and soil monitoring and forecasting you can:
- WEATHER MONITORING: Be prepared for frost protection. Set an SMS alarm to notify you, when frost conditions are approaching. Temperatures below – 1,1 °C can be lethal for your avocado trees. The exact temperature depends on the variety and for how long frost conditions occur.
- FERTILIZING MANAGEMENT: Optimize fertilization time. The best is if the spreading of the fertilizer is followed by rainfall.
- NUTRITION MANAGEMENT: Quick soil analysis helps you apply the appropriate amount of nutrients.
- PLANT PROTECTION MANAGEMENT: With the help of disease models for avocado, spraying window forecast optimize your plant protection activities in a way to have disease free avocado yield.
For example: If spraying is followed by a rainfall of 30 mm, there is a good chance that it will wash away the treatment and you will have to repeat the spraying to keep your avocado trees protected.
- IRRIGATION MANAGEMENT: Monitor your soil moisture to know when your crop is suffering water stress and start your irrigation system on time. Also know when to stop irrigation, in order to not over-irrigate, and to save some irrigation water.
We have a model for bacterial diseases of avocado, Xanthomonas abricola or blossom infection of avocado.
The graph on the right shows how a combination of consecutive periods of leaf wetness and warm temperatures (between 15 and 30 °C) is followed by blossom infections. Depending on the amount of pathogen already present in your field, you should go and apply plant protection to your plants. Click on the graph for a larger picture.
With our new CropVIEW® camera device you can have a remote view of your avocado plantation, directly from your computer or phone, and see at any time how your avocado is growing and developing.
This is just a glance of solutions that iMETOS® DECISION SUPPORT SYSTEM can bring to you and help you to take control of your crop. If you want to know more, you can have a look to our Avocado production use case.