CITRUS PRODUCTION WITH iMETOS® DECISION SUPPORT SYSTEM
With the use of iMETOS® DECISION SUPPORT SYSTEM you can monitor all relevant climatic conditions and soil parameters, and bring your agricultural work management one step higher.
Combine monitored and forecasted data to get a powerful tool, which will help you optimize your production and produce more with less.
With the help of climatic and soil monitoring and forecasting you can:
- WEATHER MONITORING: Be prepared for frost protection. Set an SMS alarm to notify you, when frost conditions are approaching. Temperatures below – 0,8 °C can be lethal for your citrus trees. The exact temperature depends on the variety and for how long frost conditions occur.
- FERTILIZING MANAGEMENT: Optimize fertilization time. The best is if the spreading of the fertilizer is followed by rainfall.
- NUTRITION MANAGEMENT: Quick soil analysis helps you apply the appropriate amount of nutrients.
- PLANT PROTECTION MANAGEMENT: With the help of disease models and spraying window forecast you can optimize your plant protection activities in a way to have disease free citrus trees.
For example: If spraying is followed by a rainfall of 30 mm, there is a good chance that it will wash away the treatment and you will have to repeat the spraying to keep your citrus trees protected.
- IRRIGATION MANAGEMENT: Monitor your soil moisture to know when your crop is suffering water stress and start your irrigation system on time to have homogenous fruit size and good quality.
We offer models for two Citrus diseases. Alternaria brown spot, caused by the fungus Alternaria alternata, affects a wide range of orange and mandarin varieties specially Murcott tangors. Where severe, the disease results in extensive fruit drop and must be controlled on processing and fresh market fruit. Postbloom fruit drop (PFD) is caused by the fungus Colletotrichum acutatum. It affects all species and cultivars of citrus. It must be controlled on processing and fresh market fruit.
In the graph we can see, that after a leaf wetness period disease severity increases.
Click on the graph for a larger picture. For more detailed description (biology, symptoms, modelling) about citrus diseases, please visit our Tiki page.
With our new CropVIEW® camera device you can have a remote view of your vineyard, directly from your computer or phone, and see at any time how your crop is growing and developing.
This is just a glance at solutions that iMETOS® DECISION SUPPORT SYSTEM can bring to you and help you to take control of your vineyard.
For soil moisture control we recommend:
For frost control we recommend:
• 1x Dry and wet Bulb