Frost management and irrigation for fruit crops
We broke the ice with the first METOS KNOWS webinar in January, discussing how to kick-start the new growing season. Since the critical months for frost damage on fruit trees are fast approaching, we decided to look deeper into frost monitoring. We will be joined by Sabrina Dreisiebner-Lanz, MSc, an expert on frost protection, currently working at Joanneum Research in Weather and climate risk management department. Together with David Whattoff, managing director METOS UK, and Derek Brazda, KAM METOS USA, she’ll discuss frost protection management, irrigation and frost protection practices for fruit crops in detail. Frost can cause a severe economic loss so it is crucial to know what you can do to avoid the worst outcome.
Wednesday, February 24th, 2021, 11 AM US CST / 18:00 CET
TOPICS WE WILL COVER
- Frost monitoring and fruit crop management
- Frost alarms and mitigating the frost damage
- Ideas and tips about frost protection and how to avoid economic losses
- The sense of irrigation automation for fruit crops
- Temperatures at which frost causes damage
Some of the questions our speakers will answer
- At which temperatures frost causes damage for different fruit crops?
- How to set frost alarms to mitigate frost damage?
- Where should my frost station be located?
- What are the various tools for frost protection?
- Why do I need a wet & dry bulb sensor?
- What are the economic effects of irrigation automation?
Join Pessl Instruments, Joanneum Research, METOS UK, and METOSA USA on Wednesday, February 24th, and resolve additional questions you have regarding frost monitoring, frost protection, fruit crops management, and irrigation for fruit crops.