iMETOS® LoRa SOIL
Automated irrigation systems.
Better yields by avoiding over or under irrigation.
Better ground cover management in viticulture.
LPWAN DATA LOGGER FOR REMOTE AREAS.
iMETOS® LoRa SOIL is a new generation of the iMETOS® weather stations, which uses LoRaWAN® connectivity for data transmission. iMETOS® LoRa SOIL can be connected to any existing LoRaWAN® network, if present at your location or we can provide LoRa® gateways, to establish your own LoRaWAN® network.
iMETOS® LoRa SOIL can handle various sensors. Data is permanently measured in 5-minute intervals and sent every 15 minutes to the server. All the data is synchronized with FieldClimate.
iMETOS® LoRa SOIL weather station is (in LoRa terminology) an End node device, which communicates with the LoRa gateway. LoRa® gateway needs to communicate (forward) the data to the LoRaWAN® network server, LoRaWAN® network server pushes the data to LoRa® app and LoRa® app pushes the data to our FieldClimate platform.
Sounds difficult? Not really. The user just needs to make sure, the iMETOS® LoRa SOIL device is provisioned on the LoRa® server and that the LoRaWAN® network provider pushes the data to PI FieldClimate platform, other things are, in most cases, plug-and-play.
We can provision and preconfigure the iMETOS® LoRa SOIL devices and LoRa® gateways on TTN or private LoRa® server upfront to simplify the deployment process.
- iMETOS® LoRa SOIL with EU 868 MHz, US 915MHz or AU 915 MHz frequency communication module
Check the LoRaWAN® frequency plan for your Country or send us an inquiry and we will check it for you.
- LoRa® Server
- The Things Network
- A2A Smart City
- Raspberry Pi with RAK381 (3G)
- Gateway with a satellite backhaul link
- LORIX One
|Sensor||Supported on iMETOS® LoRa SOIL|
|Water Meter sensor||✓|
|Single soil temperature sensor||✓|
|METER Group EC-5||✓|
|METER Group 10HS||✓|
|METER Group PHYTOS 31 Leaf wetness||✓|
|METER Group MPS-1||✓|
|METER Group GS1||✓|
|METER Group MPS-2||✓|
|METER Group MPS-6||✓|
|METER Group 5TE||✓|
|METER Group 5TM||✓|
|METER Group GS3||✓|
|Pressure switch input||✓|
|Build in GPS sensor||✓|
- The boards support either Precipitation or Water Mark sensor connected to the board (not both at the same time).
- The board has 2 x Decagon / METER Sensor inputs and 2 x Watermark inputs.
- SDI-12 input supports usage of Sentek, Aquacheck and PI Aquacheck probes. Support for Greenshield, JohnDeere, EnviroProbe is also possible.
- We can expend supported sensors for custom needs with all sensors using the PI BUS protocol.
- Stations already have a build in GPS sensor.
- The station transmits also the battery and the solar panel voltage level.
|Model/Type||Processor PIC18 with LoRa® modem|
|Sensors layout||3 fixed analogue inputs: wind speed, leaf wetness and rain gauge
5 digital inputs: automatic sensor recognition
|Housing||UV resistant polycarbonate plastic (Protection class IP65)|
|Dimensions without sensors||30 cm L x 16 cm W x 19 cm H|
|Weight without sensors||1.6 kg|
|Expected range||Up to 8 km (line of sight)|
|Battery||6V charging battery with solar panel|
|Solar panel||Dimensions: 13.5 x 13.5 cm, 2 Watt solar panel|
|Measuring interval||5 minutes (by default)|
|15 min (by default)|