After releasing the FarmView Irrimet in March earlier this year, we introduce to you the second module – ‘Soil Moisture’. Soil moisture and Irrimet tools provide our users a complex solution for water use management.
FarmView Soil Moisture
FarmView within Fieldclimate introduces a new module ‘Soil moisture’ with options to link relevant soil moisture sensor to the IoT FarmView platform and access soil moisture sum status in mm/inches for all Cropzones in a dashboard’s widget.
In particular, the new release includes:
- soil moisture module enabling to link selected soil moisture sensors to your Cropzone and do specific sensor settings only for this Cropzone (=crop and year)
- widget displaying all Cropzones with soil moisture sensors and clearly notifying which Cropzone needs your attention first
- option to display soil moisture sum from relevant sensors and learn about the water available/missing for your plants
- option to decide if you want to compute soil moisture sum over the entire soil profile or over active root zone only
FarmView is smart and interconnected with FieldClimate. For instance, if you provided soil moisture sensor settings in FieldClimate, these will come as default in FarmView as well. You can, however, overwrite them for a given Cropzone if required.
Besides a completely new module, we implemented a couple of changes to the existing one. We added:
- New look of the Irrimet water balance graphics
- Improved performance of the Irrimet calendar event storage
- Improved performance when drawing and importing cropzone borders
What is FarmView?
FarmView is a premium service within FieldClimate that enables you to visualize weather, soil moisture and growth information for your fields.
To learn more about how can you start using FarmView and the first module, please visit the following page.
A tutorial on how to use FarmView Soil Moisture module is available here.
Note: FarmView is in development. We will not be charging you until major FarmView services are activated.
Do you have more questions about the topic?
Our experts are always at your disposal to answer your questions about iMETOS solutions.
Product manager – Map & satellite products, GIS/Software
About Pessl Instruments
Pessl Instruments, which is headquartered in Weiz, Austria and founded in 1984 by current CEO Gottfried Pessl, has daughter companies in USA, Brazil, Ukraine, France, Spain, Turkey, South Africa, Portugal, France and Poland and does business in more than 80 countries.
Pessl Instruments develops and distributes climate monitoring, agricultural risk – and irrigation management technology solutions for its farming customer base.
Pessl Instruments products, which are globally distributed under the iMETOS brand, include weather stations, soil moisture monitoring devices, irrigation automation controllers, electronic insect traps, remote crop monitoring systems, disease, and pest warning software and localized weather forecasts.
Contact for orders
+43 3172 55 21