Join the revolution of connected fields
Sustainability is key.
Pessl Instruments aims to reshape agricultural practices that will have a positive impact on everyone involved – from farmers to consumers. With technologically advanced agriculture hardware & software solutions, we help farmers all around the globe make their farming profitable, efficient and sustainable.
Ever since our establishment in 1984, the thought about sustainability is one of our keystones when it comes to the development of METOS® products and solutions. With the Green New Deal, we are even more determined to continue in the direction we set out at the very beginning – help the farmers achieve the best yield, without compromising the environment.
Do you want to be a part of this international team in a well-established and fast growing company in the field of IoT for Agriculture? Helping reshape the future of farming processes, improve food safety and contribute to a better tomorrow? Then don’t hesitate to write to us!
Your knowledge can make the world a better place. Let your skills and creativity contribute to the development of products which help secure and increase food production.
Current job openings
HEADQUARTERS – WEIZ, AUSTRIA
To strengthen the team, Pessl Instruments GmbH is looking for a Plant Pathologist (f/m/d), who will work on the plant disease models that the company offers for more than 30 years as decision support systems for the optimization of crop protection products applications. The Pessl Instruments disease models are the results of international scientific cooperation with research institutes and partners. They have been used by farmers in more than 35 crops in different climates and environments, with proven efficiency over time.
The plant pathologist will be involved in the permanent technological modernization of the existing models, but also in the development of new solutions for new crops, as required by the global expansion in which Pessl Instruments aims to continue to play a leading role, helping in the adoption of effective environment-friendly measures for disease control and safeguard the food production in a sustainable way. The plant pathologist will provide specialist support and training worldwide, will collect feedback, and ensure the best integration of phytopathological components in the METOS® by Pessl Instruments holistic solutions portfolio.
- Agile, autonomous, and flexible teamwork
- Hybrid work (in-office, home-office)
- International experience and contacts
- Work on new technologies together with experienced colleagues
- Performance-linked wages, in line with the industry standard
- Internal and external training courses according to needs and development potential
- Full-time (38.5 hours/week) and long-term permanent employment
- 14 salaries and 5 paid weeks of holidays (including medical coverage and paid sick leave in compliance with state regulations)
- International work teams with English as the company language
- Bachelor’s degree in agricultural and environmental sciences, botany, horticulture, biology, or related fields;
- Master or Ph.D. degree in plant pathology, plant biology, microbiology, or a related field;
- Physical modeling interest and skills;
- Software coding knowledge advantageous ( such as Jupyter notebook with Python);
- Knowledge about project management tools like Jira appreciated;
- Fluent in written and spoken English, German advantageous;
- Availability to learn and apply product management principles, since for more than 30 years Pessl Instruments plant disease models are “a product”;
- Ability to effectively collaborate and facilitate communication between multidisciplinary teams (hardware and software developers, technical support team, product managers, marketing and sales team…);
- Lead a cross-functional team in maintaining and innovating the plant disease models;
- Teaching skills for successful training and dissemination of plant disease models underlying principles and use cases.
Zur Verstärkung unseres Teams suchen wir zum nächstmöglichen Zeitpunkt einen ambitionierten Produktionsmitarbeiter (m/w). Wir sind seit 39 Jahren als Fertigungsbetrieb im Süden von Weiz zuhause und einer der Weltmarktführer im Bereich der IOT ́s, der sich auf die Herstellung und Verarbeitung von hochwertigen elektronischen Messgeräten für den Agrar- und Smartcitybereich spezialisiert hat.
- Vor- und Endfertigung von Sensoren
- Zusammenbau von verschiedenen Komponenten
- Handwerkliches Geschick und Erfahrung mit mechanischen Arbeiten
- Sie arbeiten genau und gerne handwerklich, eigenverantwortlich und verfügen über
- Begeisterung für neue Technologien und Werkstoffe
- Gute Deutschkenntnisse, Englischkenntnisse von Vorteil
- PC- Grundkenntnisse
Lesen Sie hier mehr über freie Stellen.
Pessl Instruments in figures
Country Manager Metos Turkey
I am happy to be in the Pessl family as it produces solutions that help increase farmer productivity and profitability. I have been here for 24 years because they offer an innovative, liberal and friendly working environment. We strive to develop sustainable and efficient digital solutions that benefit everyone. Our aim is to carry a world where producers and consumers live together to the next generations.
Caroline Boscarino Arab
FIeldClimate Project Manager
Pessl's mission is very strong when thinking about sustainability in Smart Agriculture. The fact that we make it scalable, to all types of farmers, adds inclusion to it. As an Environmental Scientist, I'm especially drawn to the technology that represents a chance for a safer future and has the ability to control risks, save water, and reduce waste. This is what drove me to work here, and keeps me going every day.
Key Account Manager DACH/CZ/SK/HU
I like the flat hierarchies at Pessl Instruments as well as the multinational and fast paced work environment. In the sales department, every day is different, just like the needs of our customers.
Why work at Pessl Instruments?
WORK FORINTERNATIONAL TEAM
ENGLISH IS OURWORKING LANGUAGE
HYBRID WORK (IN-OFFICE, HOME-OFFICE, ON-THE-GO)
CONTRIBUTE TO FOOD SAFETY & PRESERVATION OF BIODIVERSITY
WE SUPPORT FURTHER EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
COMPANY EVENTS (HIKES,BBQS, BIRTHDAY PARTIES, ...)
BUDDY PROGRAMMETRAINING & ONBOARDING
COOL OFFICE CLOSE TOPICTURESQUE HIKING SPOTS
We are delighted you want to become part of our team. Is there no position that fits your profile? Fill in the form below anyway. We are growing our international team regularly and we’ll contact you if something opens up.