ACTIVE TRACKER FM3 3G INSTALLATION GUIDE
4.1 CORRECT ORIENTATION AND INSTALLATION
4.2 MOUNTING RECOMMENDATIONS
4.2. 1 CONNECTING WIRES
4.2. 2 CONNECTING POWER SOURCE
4.2. 3 CONNECTING IGNITION WIRE
4.2. 4 CONNECTING GROUND WIRE
4.2. 5 MODULE INSTALLATION
There aren’t any so far. If you encounter any problems with your iMETOS® Active Tracker FM2 G2, contact our support team at: email@example.com.
Purpose of this document is to describe the instalation of the SIM card and installation of the iMETOS Active Tracker FM3 device on a tractor.
In order to do the installation, you will need:
- Activated SIM card into the tracker (with no PIN lock), SIM size: standard
- Small Philips screwdriver
- Small flathead screqdriver
- Zip ties
If you want to check the settings and iMETOS Active Tracker FM3 status via SMS message:
- You need to know the phone number of the SIM card
- Mobile phone from which you will send out the SMS
Make sure you have an active standard SIM card which has a data transfer data plan with the GSM network provider and that the SIM card PIN lock is disabled.
SIM card sizes:
Step 1: open the iMETOS Active Tracker FM3 housing. Unscrew the 4 screws on the bottom side of the housing using the Phillips screwdriver.
Step 2: take the internal unit out of the housing (it is attached with Velcro tape).
Step 3: using flathead screwdriver carefully open the internal unit.
Step 4: insert standard SIM card.
These two steps are needed only the first time in the production, before the iMETOS Active Tracker FM3 is shipped out. The internal battery should be already connected when the tracker is delivered to the distributor or client.
Step 1: remove the electronic board
Step 2: connect the internal battery
Step 1: carefully close the internal housing, make sure no cable gets between the upper and lower part and put it in the correct position back in the main housing.
Step 2: make sure cables are properly fitted and close the main external housing.
Internal GNSS antenna device should be mounted with the sticker view to the open sky (metal free) with not less than ¾ of metal free area as shown:
iMETOS Active Tracker needs to be oriented correctly – the GPS antenna needs to be pointed upward to the sky in order to ensure the best GPS position acquirement with no metal parts above the tracker.
Example of a bad installation (wrong orientation, GPS antenna facing down, under the metal bonnet, exposed to high vibrations…) resulting in bad quality data and GPS position acquiring:
Deviation of the axis of the vehicle should be max 3 to 5%:
The iMETOS Active Tracker already comes with a preinstalled 12V input connector and fuse ready to be connected to the power outlet in the tractor. If you wish to connect the wires to a different power source, follow the steps below and make sure to stay safe.
- Wires should be connected while module is not plugged in.
- Wires should be fastened to the other wires or non-moving parts. Try to avoid heat emitting and moving objects near the wires.
- The connections should not be seen very clearly. If factory isolation was removed while connecting wires, it should be applied again.
- If the wires are placed in the exterior or in places where they can be damaged or exposed to heat, humidity, dirt, etc., additional isolation should be applied.
- Wires cannot be connected to the board computers or control units.
- Be sure that after the car computer falls asleep, power is still available on chosen wire. Depending on car, this may happen in 5 to 30 minutes period.
- When module is connected, be sure to measure voltage again if it did not decrease.
- It is recommended to connect to the main power cable in the fuse box.
- Use 3A, 125V external fuse.
Connecting the ignition wire (yellow color is not absoultely needed as the tracker detects the movement and therefore can asses when the tracktor is turned on also without this wire). For bettter accurate results, the connection of ignition wire is recommended.
- Be sure to check if it is a real ignition wire – power does not disappear while starting the engine.
- Check if this is not an ACC wire (when key is in the first position, most electronics of the vehicle are available).
- Check if power is still available when you turn off any of vehicles devices.
- Ignition is connected to the ignition relay output. As alternative, any other relay, which has power output, when ignition is on, may be chosen.
- Ground wire is connected to the vehicle frame or metal parts that are fixed to the frame.
- If the wire is fixed with the bolt, the loop must be connected to the end of the wire.
- For better contact scrub paint from the place where loop is connected.
PAY ATTENTION! Connecting the power supply must be carried out in a very low impedance point on-board vehicle network. These points in the car are the battery terminals. Therefore, we recommend connecting the power of iMETOS Active Tracker FM3 (wire GND and POWER) directly to the battery terminals. Another valid option is to connect the wires to the main POWER cable inside the fuse box (if there is none, then to the power supply where the fuses of vehicle’s computer are), wire GND must be connected in a special point, designed to connect GND vehicle computer. Connecting the GND at an arbitrary point to the mass of the car is unacceptable, as static and dynamic potentials on the line GND will be unpredictable, which can lead to unstable iMETOS Active Tracker FM3 and even its failure.
- iMETOS Active Tracker FM3must be placed sticker on TOP (refer to photo 12).
- It’s forbidden to place iMETOS Active Tracker FM3 under metal surfaces.
- It’s recommended to place iMETOS Active Tracker FM3 device far from radio, speakers or alarm systems.
- METOS Active Tracker FM3 must be placed so its state is as horizontal as possible.
- iMETOS Active Tracker FM3 should be firmly fixed to the surface or cables.
- iMETOS Active Tracker FM3 cannot be fixed to heat emitting or moving parts.
- SIM card should be inserted in the module while the connector is plugged off (while module has no power).
|1.00||First release of the document|