iMETOS® LoRa SOIL
Automated irrigation systems.
Better yields by avoiding over or under irrigation.
Better ground cover management in viticulture.
LPWAN DATA LOGGER FOR REMOTE AREAS.
iMETOS® LoRa SOIL is a new generation of the iMETOS® weather stations, which uses LoRaWAN connectivity for data transmission. iMETOS® LoRa SOIL can be connected to any existing LoRa network, if present at your location or we can provide LoRa gateways, to establish your own LoRa network.
iMETOS® LoRa SOIL can handle various sensors. Data is permanently measured in 5-minute intervals and sent every 15 minutes to the server. All the data is synchronized with FieldClimate.
iMETOS® LoRa SOIL weather station is (in LoRa terminology) an End node device, which communicates with the LoRa gateway. LoRa gateway needs to communicate (forward) the data to the LoRa network server, LoRa network server pushes the data to LoRa app and LoRa app pushes the data to our FieldClimate platform.
Sounds difficult? Not really. The user just needs to make sure, the iMETOS® LoRa SOIL device is provisioned on the LoRa server and that the LoRa network provider pushes the data to PI FieldClimate platform, other things are, in most cases, plug-and-play.
We can provision and preconfigure the iMETOS® LoRa SOIL devices and LoRa gateways on TTN or private LoRa server upfront to simplify the deployment process.
- iMETOS® LoRa SOIL with EU 868 MHz, US 915MHz or AU 915 MHz frequency communication module
Check the LoRa frequency plan for your Country or send us an inquiry and we will check it for you.
- The Things Network
- A2A Smart City
- Raspberry Pi with RAK381 (3G)
- Gateway with a satellite backhaul link
- LORIX One
|Sensor||Supported on iMETOS® LoRa SOIL|
|Water Meter sensor||✓|
|Single soil temperature sensor||✓|
|METER Group EC-5||✓|
|METER Group 10HS||✓|
|METER Group PHYTOS 31 Leaf wetness||✓|
|METER Group MPS-1||✓|
|METER Group GS1||✓|
|METER Group MPS-2||✓|
|METER Group MPS-6||✓|
|METER Group 5TE||✓|
|METER Group 5TM||✓|
|METER Group GS3||✓|
|Pressure switch input||✓|
|Build in GPS sensor||✓|
- The boards support either Precipitation or Water Mark sensor connected to the board (not both at the same time).
- The board has 2 x Decagon / METER Sensor inputs and 2 x Watermark inputs.
- SDI-12 input supports usage of Sentek, Aquacheck and PI Aquacheck probes. Support for Greenshield, JohnDeere, EnviroProbe is also possible.
- We can expend supported sensors for custom needs with all sensors using the PI BUS protocol.
- Stations already have a build in GPS sensor.
- The station transmits also the battery and the solar panel voltage level.
|Model/Type||Processor PIC18 with LoRa modem|
|Sensors layout||3 fixed analogue inputs: wind speed, leaf wetness and rain gauge
5 digital inputs: automatic sensor recognition
|Housing||UV resistant polycarbonate plastic (Protection class IP65)|
|Dimensions without sensors||30 cm L x 16 cm W x 19 cm H|
|Weight without sensors||1.6 kg|
|Expected range||Up to 8 km (line of sight)|
|Battery||6V charging battery with solar panel|
|Solar panel||Dimensions: 13.5 x 13.5 cm, 2 Watt solar panel|
|Measuring interval||5 minutes (by default)|
|15 min (by default)|