Soil Moisture Monitoring and Irrigation Management
MEASURE MONITOR MANAGE
USE LESS WATER AND FERTILIZER – PRODUCE MORE WITH LESS.
Better knowledge of when to start and stop the irrigation will help protect the most important resource – WATER! Run your irrigation system when the plants ask for food to avoid fertilizer leaching and to save energy without sacrificing quality and yield.
SOLUTIONS FOR SOIL MOISTURE MONITORING AND IRRIGATION MANAGEMENT.
Pessl Instruments offers a wide range of hardware and software solutions for efficient and cost effective soil moisture and irrigation management. Hardware devices monitor the soil (moisture, temperature, salinity, presence of nutrients), the plant (dendrometric variations…), and the atmosphere (all meteorological variables, from which you can estimate the evapotranspiration), and also the irrigation system (flow, water level, pressure, pH and electrical conductivity of fertilizer…).
The measured values can be combined with site-specific weather forecasts and are accessible in near real-time on the FieldClimate platform. The weather forecast is updated on an hourly basis, available for a 3 to 7-day window and includes a number of variables – quantity and probability of precipitation, temperature, wind speed/direction, leaf wetness, relative humidity, and evapotranspiration. This enables the user to implement the best soil moisture-irrigation strategy for the fields. For example, understanding soil moisture values in a dynamic root zone allows the definition of a crop and soil specific growth season template, while near real-time field measurements, combined with forecasted evapotranspiration; provide an insight into future water use.
- Water Savings – better timing and potential reduction of water use
- Higher Yield – safeguard and maximize genetic potential
- Better Quality – optimize quality based on crop health
- Saving of Fertilizers – reduce runoff or deep leaching of nutrients and optimize fertilizer use
- Crop Health – manage water for phytopathological adversities, stimulate root development and provide frost protection
- Security – real-time alerting on a number of parameters, including refill and saturated soil moisture levels, pump activation or failure and traceability of all events
- Save Time – rationalization of business operations
- Lower Environmental Impact – less water waste and ground water contamination
- Irrigation and fertigation of numerous crops
- Targeting yields in irrigated and dryland crops
- Soilless crop irrigation
- Sports lawns and golf course management
- Management of urban green spaces
- Frost alert and frost automation systems
- Soil moisture analysis for flood monitoring
- Forest applications for fire risk and tree health