BROAD ACRAGE CROPS PRODUCTION WITH iMETOS® DECISION SUPPORT SYSTEM
With the use of iMETOS® DECISION SUPPORT SYSTEM you can monitor all relevant climatic conditions and soil parameters, and bring your agricultural work management one step higher.
Combine monitored and forecasted data to get a powerful tool, which will help you optimize your production and produce more with less.
With the help of climatic and soil monitoring and forecasting you can:
- SOWING MANAGEMENT: Monitor soil temperature to sow your crop at the optimum time.Ideal soil temperature for corn germination is 8°C or above, under 5°C seeds will germinate much harder.
- FERTILIZING MANAGEMENT: Optimize fertilization time. The best is if the spreading of the fertilizer is followed by rainfall. Apply spring nitrogen fertilizer when conditions for nitrification are optimal.
- PLANT PROTECTION MANAGEMENT: With the help of disease models and spraying window forecast you can optimize your plant protection activities in a way to have disease free crops.
For example: If spraying is followed by a rainfall of 30 mm, there is a good chance that it will wash away the treatment and you will have to repeat the spraying to keep your crops protected.
- IRRIGATION MANAGEMENT: Monitor soil moisture to know when your crop is suffering water stress and start your irrigation system on time, to avoid reduced yield and quality. Lower the use of irrigation water by avoiding over-irrigation.
- WAREHOUSE MANAGEMENT: Monitor warehouse climatic conditions to keep your yield at optimum conditions throughout the warehousing period. If temperature in grain silo is too high, diseases can develop.
- WORK MANAGEMENT: Monitor climatic conditions on your fields and use the hyper localized weather forecast to know where you can send your workers.
For example: When you want to send a sprayer to a distant field, check on FieldClimate or on mobile app, if the wind speed is not too high to spray.
We cover many types of broad acreage crops and many different diseases among them. One of important diseases in Sugar beet production is leaf spot caused by Cercospora beticola.
FieldClimate shows the severity for infections with leaf spot disease under favorable conditions in dependence of temperature, relative humidity and leaf moisture. If severity is high you need to apply fungicide spray protection to your plants.
Click on the graph for a larger picture.
For more detailed description (biology, symptoms, modelling) about sugar beet diseases, please visit our Tiki page.
If you are interested in other broad acreage crops please check our diseases models page.
With our new CropVIEW® camera device you can have a remote view of your field, directly from your computer or phone, and see at any time how your crop is growing and developing.
This is just a glance at solutions that iMETOS® DECISION SUPPORT SYSTEM can bring to you and help you to take control of your field.