BLUEBERRY PRODUCTION WITH iMETOS® DECISION SUPPORT SYSTEM
With the use of iMETOS® DECISION SUPPORT SYSTEM you can monitor all relevant climatic conditions and soil parameters, and bring your agricultural work management one step higher.
Combine monitored and forecasted data to get a powerful tool, which will help you optimize your production and produce more blueberries with less.
With the help of climatic and soil monitoring and forecasting you can:
- WEATHER MONITORING: Be prepared for frost protection. Set an SMS alarm to notify you, when frost conditions are approaching. Temperatures below – 0,6 °C can be lethal for your blueberry field.
- FERTILIZING MANAGEMENT: Optimize fertilization time. The best is if the spreading of the fertilizer is followed by rainfall.
- PLANT PROTECTION MANAGEMENT: With the help of disease models for blueberries (for anthracnose) and spraying window forecast, you can optimize your plant protection activities in a way to have disease free blueberry yield.
For example: If spraying is followed by a rainfall of 30 mm, there is a good chance that it will wash away the treatment and you will have to repeat the spraying to keep your crop protected.
- IRRIGATION MANAGEMENT: Optimize irrigation water use by monitoring soil moisture and with use of our water balance model.
- HARVEST MANAGEMENT: Monitor your soil moisture to know when your crop is suffering water stress and start your irrigation system on time. Also monitor your irrigation water pH to prevent nutrient imbalances.
The fungal pathogen Colletotrichum acutatum causes Blueberry Anthracnose (Ripe Rot) on pre and post-harvest fruit of highbush blueberry. The disease occurs in all blueberry production areas and has a great impact of reducing shelf life of fruits and having a poor quality of fresh fruits on the market.
In FieldClimate weak, moderate and severe Infection is calculated for blueberry anthracnose in dependence of next parameters: temperature, leaf wetness and precipitation. Whenever 100 % of infection is reached, the conditions for a weak, moderate or severe infection have been fulfilled. You can see on graph that the conditions for infection were fulfilled, when the relative humidity was high and leaf wetness was present for a longer period of time.
Click on the graph for a larger picture. For more detailed description (biology, symptoms, modelling) about blueberry diseases, please visit our Tiki page.
With our new CropVIEW® camera device you can have a remote view of your blueberry field, directly from your computer or phone, and see at any time how your bluberries are growing and developing.
This is just a glance at solutions that iMETOS® DECISION SUPPORT SYSTEM can bring to you and help you to take control of your crop.